Principles of Neurosurgery, by way of Drs. Richard G. Ellenbogen, Saleem I. Abdulrauf and Laligam N Sekhar, presents a large evaluation of neurosurgery excellent for someone contemplating or education during this distinctiveness. From normal rules to precise suggestions, it equips you with the views and abilities you want to prevail. entire with no being encyclopedic, this re-creation familiarizes you with the most recent advances within the field—neuroimaging, the scientific and surgery of epilepsy, minimally invasive options, and new options in place and incisions—and indicates you the way to accomplish key tactics through a web library of surgical video clips at www.expertconsult.com. No different resource does such an efficient task of getting ready you for this difficult field!
- Get finished insurance of neurosurgery, together with pre- and submit- operative sufferer care, neuroradiology, pediatric neurosurgery, neurovascular surgical procedure, trauma surgical procedure, backbone surgical procedure, oncology, pituitary adenomas, cranial base neurosurgery, image-guided neurosurgery, remedy of ache, epilepsy surgical procedure, and masses more.
- Gain a transparent visible realizing from over 1,200 amazing illustrations—half in complete color—including many wonderful medical and operative images, surgical line drawings, and at-a-glance tables.
- Apply most sensible practices in neuroimaging concepts, minimally invasive surgical procedure, epilepsy surgical procedure, and pediatric neurosurgery.
- Master key strategies by way of looking at specialists practice them in a video library on-line at www.expertconsult.com, the place it's also possible to entry the totally searchable textual content, a picture gallery, and hyperlinks to PubMed.
- Keep up with contemporary advances in neurosurgery with absolutely revised content material overlaying neuroimaging, the scientific and surgical procedure of epilepsy, minimally invasive suggestions, new recommendations in place and incisions, deep mind stimulation, cerebral revascularization, and therapy recommendations for nerve-racking mind harm in soldiers.
- Apply the newest information from new chapters on Cerebral Revascularization, rules of recent Neuroimaging, rules of Operative Positioning, Pediatric Stroke and Moya-Moya, Anomalies of Craniovertebral Junction, and Degenerative backbone Disease.
- Tap into really worldwide views with a world workforce of individuals led through Drs. Richard G. Ellenbogen and Saleem I. Abdulrauf.
- Find info quick and simply because of a full-color format and diverse particular illustrations.
Read or Download Principles of Neurological Surgery: Expert Consult - Online (PRINCIPLES OF NEUROSURGERY) PDF
Similar Medicine books
Now up to date to mirror the USMLE Step 2 examination, with higher emphasis on case displays and diagnostic abilities. nearly four hundred new medical vignettes with accompanying questions (500 questions in all)--now that includes elevated solutions referenced to major textbooks or magazine articles. Reviewed by way of McGraw-Hill's scientific pupil Advisory Committee to make sure simulation of the USMLE test-taking adventure.
Review/USMLE/Biochemistry. This ebook provides real-life medical situations for the fundamental sciences and USMLE Step 1. scientific correlations are more and more emphasised within the instructing of uncomplicated clinical technology. scholars, accordingly, want publicity to medical circumstances to cross path assessments and ace the USMLE Step 1.
This e-book offers a evaluate of USMLE pharmacology. It provides real-life medical situations for the fundamental Sciences and USMLE Step 1. scientific correlations are more and more emphasised within the educating of uncomplicated clinical technology. scholars, hence, desire publicity to scientific circumstances to cross path checks and ace the USMLE Step 1.
Ace the NCLEX-RN--with the aid of nursing overview pioneer Marlene Hurst! Use Marlene's certain “no cram, go with what you recognize” process and curb your examine time in part in accordance with Marlene Hurst's phenomenally well known nursing seminars that educate over 30,000 scholars every year, this leading edge evaluate is loaded with the author's time-tested strategies--all designed that will help you cross the NCLEX certification and path assessments the 1st time round!
Additional resources for Principles of Neurological Surgery: Expert Consult - Online (PRINCIPLES OF NEUROSURGERY)
23 Shunt catheters, valves, and tubing should be fast tested for kinks or disruption, with out the associated fee or radiation publicity of CT or the time and value of MRI. the kind and surroundings of such a lot implanted shunt valves is usually decided in line with radiographic visual appeal. Radiography is additionally occasionally utilized in the review of the bony calvarium. even supposing CT has principally changed radiography for evaluate of facial fractures or sinusitis, cranium movies are sometimes bought for those reasons. Linear nondisplaced cranium fractures that could be neglected on axial CT can every now and then be detected via radiography. Such occult fractures can occasionally be visualized by means of both interpreting the scout tomographic view bought as a part of a regimen CT test, or via developing floor rendered reformats of CT photographs. moreover, cranium movies are often bought to guage for radiolucent bone lesions ahead of the location of stereotactic frames for gamma knife therapy or stereotactic biopsy. Computed Tomography The nonenhanced head CT has develop into the workhorse of acute neuroimaging, as a result of its extensive availability, velocity, and comparatively cost effective. CT presents quick imaging of many intracranial CHAPTER three rules of contemporary Neuroimaging fifty seven procedures and is superb for the detection of intracranial hemorrhage, mass lesions, and review of the ventricular approach. CT is very delicate for calcifications, fats, and air, in addition to metal international our bodies. furthermore, CT permits swift overview of the sequelae of intracranial pathology, together with mass impression and mind herniation. power drawbacks of head CTs comprise radiation publicity and value. furthermore, MRI is extra delicate at detecting many parenchymal procedures comparable to stroke, refined enhancement, and small plenty. Noncontrast Imaging as a result of the value of the noncontrast head CT to the perform of neurosurgery, clinically suitable findings generally came across on head CT are defined right here. Mass influence and Herniation Space-occupying lesions in the intracranial compartment distort common cranial anatomy and will reason mass influence and mind herniation. Mass impact can impact neighborhood constructions, distorting the ventricles or narrowing the cerebral sulci. Focal mass impression may also lead to herniation of mind throughout fastened constructions corresponding to the falx cerebri and tentorium. mind herniation is a vital predictor of critical neurological damage. There are various kinds of mind herniation, together with subfalcine, uncal, transtentorial (upward and downward), and tonsillar herniation (Fig. three. 1). mind may also herniate extracranially via a cranium disorder. CT is great at detecting all kinds of mind herniation. Subfalcine herniation happens from a space-occupying lesion within the cerebral hemisphere inflicting the cingulate gyrus to be driven lower than the inflexible falx cerebri into the contralateral cranial vault24 (Fig. three. 1G). Subfalcine herniation mostly happens with frontal lobe and parietal lesions. If midline shift is serious, the anterior cerebral arteries could be compressed, most likely resulting in infarction.